Eligibility - Employer
• The training allowance awarded will be 50% of the participant’s salary costs, for a period of 12 months. This will be paid as 12 payments, 1 month in arrears upon receipt, plus invoice and payslip.
• The In-work Training Allowance can only be provided to Employers for the benefit of participants who meet the eligibility criteria, ( see below) with the aim of the participant being offered a sustainable job within the company at the end of the training allowance period
• The sustainable job must be a new job that would not have been created without access to the Training Allowance.
• Only small to medium sized companies or organisations from the Private and Third sectors with up to 250 employees will be eligible to access the Training Allowance for the benefit of the trainee.
• Eligible employers will be able to apply for up to a maximum of 2 trainees per annum.
• Under European Commission Regulation (EU) No 1407/2013 of 18 December 2013 (the Regulation), the funding is a de minimis aid. There is a ceiling of €200,000 for all de minimis aid provided to any Single undertaking (as defined in the Regulation) over a 3-year period. The funding awarded to the Employer for the benefit of the participant will be relevant if the Employer wishes to apply, or has applied, for any other de minimis aid. For the purposes of the de minimis regulation, the Grantee shall notify the Employer that the Employer must (i) retain all documentation relevant to the payment for 3 years from the date of the final payment to the Employer of the payment and (ii) produce it on any request by the UK public authorities or the European Commission.
• The Grantee shall ensure that each Employer is notified that the assistance is De Minimis Aid.
Eligibility - Trainee (Open to all 16-64 years old)
The trainee you have employed has to be affected by 1 or more of these factors to be eligible for the in-work training allowance:
- At risk of becoming NEET
- Criminal history
- Have a disability
- From ED area
- Living in jobless household
- Jobless home with dependents
- Single adult with dependents
- Long term physical condition
- Long term unemployed
- Looked after young person
- Previously looked after YP
- Household with children in poverty
- Low skilled
- Material deprivation
- Mental health issues
- Primary carer
- Refugee/Asylum seeker